Complete the following trades in your IB account and answer the questions below. Upload your answers to the D2L dropbox.
1. Sell 3000 barrels of oil for February 2016 delivery. How many contracts is this (and for what ticker)?
2. Buy 2 Eurodollar futures contracts. Will your contracts gain in value when LIBOR rates increase or decrease?
3. Trade (buy or sell) May 2016 Soybeans. How many bushels have you traded, and when is the last trade data and delivery point?
4. Trade April 2016 copper. When you enter into the contract what is the open interest, and what does open interest mean?
5. Sell 2 January 10-year Treasury note futures contracts. For each contract, what is the contract size, what must be delivered, and what is the minimum tick size?
6. Buy 4 December E-mini S&P 500 futures contracts. What is the multiplier on each contract, and how much of the S&P 5000 have you bought (in $)?